Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dinner and a movie night!

Last night was "dinner and a movie" for us. We're good friends with another couple (and you know who you are, since I'm 90% confident you're reading this now!) that we hadn't seen socially for a while. Add to it that the guys are both movie nuts, and that the Mrs and I wanted to avoid the trick-or-treaters (see yesterday's post for the reason why), we decided to go out.

We saw Steve Carell's new movie "Dan In Real Life". It was great. I'm a huge fan of The Office, and his "Michael Scott" loveable, clueless dork character came through in several places. It's a typical romantic comedy and doesn't really blaze any new trails, but is very well executed. The way the family interacts feels like what a "normal" family should be like, and their interactions are a major part of the story.

If you like romantic comedies, go see it! It was fun. Plus, if you're trying to avoid trick-or-treaters, it's a good way to burn a couple hours. Although I guess that really only applies once a year.

More later...

2 Comments:

snowelf said...

I totally want to see that movie cause it looks SO cute!! I'm so glad you reviewed it.

--snow

jtj3 said...

Snow I think you'll really like it. If you see it, let me know what you think!