Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My turn for a meme!

I've seen this on Snowelf's blog (yes, I do make a lot of references to her...mostly because she was my firstest, and is my bestest, blog-world-buddy), then on Lime's blog, now on Charles' blog...so it's my turn. Plus, I didn't really have anything interesting to post today except some random stories and pix from Japan, but the $*#&*&!!! pix wouldn't load up because my $*#&&!@#! Internet connection is too slow...

If I were going to steal a meme from Snowelf, Lime blog, or Charles... it would be this one.

If I were a beginning, I would be...January 1st--full of hope, promise, and not weighed down by the sins and shortcomings of the previous year.

If I were a month, I would be...October. Halloween, pumpkins, fall weather, and the World Series--what's not to love?

If I were a time of day, I would be...that quiet time right before the sun comes up.

If I were a planet, I would be...hmm, I guess Earth since it's the only one I'm familiar with...

If I were a season, I would be...fall.

If I were a sea animal, I would be...NOT HAPPY that I have to swim in, live in, eat in, and drink in water filled with my own POO.

If I were a direction, I would be...up.

If I were a piece of furniture, I would be...an entertainment center!

If I were a sin, I would be...lzns*

If I were a liquid, I would be...mercury. The first time I saw it I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

If I were a scare, I would be...one that's a false alarm, so no one gets hurt or anything.

If I were a gem, I would be...uh, a ruby? It's my birthstone.

If I were a flower/plant, I would be...ivy. Don't ask me why, that's just the first thing that popped into my head.

If I were a kind of weather, I would be...gentle rain.

If I were a musical instrument, I would be...an acoustic guitar.

If I were an animal, I would be...some kind of wild cat--a lion, a tiger, something like that.

If I were an emotion, I would be...gratitude.

If I were a vegetable, I would be...asparagus (ironic that I chose this, since I had to Google it just to figure out how to spell it!)

If I were a sound, I would be...laughter.

If I were an element, I would be...copper, I guess--it'd go along with my red hair (?)

If I were a car, I would be...a 1968 Mustang fastback flying over the hilly streets of San Francisco, just like the one Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt.

If I were a song, I would be...not a "song" per se, but I would definitely be Pachelbel's Canon--I consider this to be the most beautiful piece of music ever written, without question. If you've never heard it go to this link and click the play button...and here is a rock and roll version of it (actually pretty good!)

If I were a food, I would be...pizza! MMMMMMM....piiiiiiiiizaaaaaaaa......

If I were a place, I would be...a small town where everyone knows everyone else, people are genuine, and things like family and relationships and faith matter way more than money or what you wear or drive. Kinda like Mayberry but not as corny.

If I were a material, I would be...uh, linen? Again, first thing in my head...

If I were a taste, I would be...cool, clean, and refreshing--maybe some kind of citrus-y summer drink.

If I were a scent, I would be...fresh cut pine

If I were a religion, I would be...one that offered people grace, hope, love, and the absolute assurance of an afterlife of blissful joy. One that welcomed all people as they are but encouraged them to become better people, and one that encouraged people to "leave the campsite cleaner than they found it." But not one that discriminated, one that had an 'us and them' mentality, or one that was condescending...

If I were a sentence, I would be...long and rambling, with a lot of big words, and then you'd get to the end of it and go "Uh, what the hell was that all about?"

If I were a facial expression, I would be...a smile.

If I were a subject in school, I would be...a foreign language--probably French.

If I were a color, I would be...green (because, HELLO, I'm an ivy! DUH! (C; )

If I were a thing, I would be...either a doohickey or a whatchamacallit.

If I were a book, I would be...one that you'd read over and over, and learn something different about life--and about yourself--every time you picked it up.

If I were an artist, I would be...either Annie Leibovitz or Ansel Adams.

If I were a collection of poems, I would be...Sonnets from the Portuguese.

If I were a landmass, I would be...big, full of lots of geographic, meterological, and biological diversity, one untouched by modern industry, and one where everyone would want to visit for a peaceful vacation.

If I were a watch, I would be...something Swiss.

If I were God, I would be...see my previous answer about religion--I'd be a God that would make all that happen.

If I were a vowel, I would be..."U". It's quirky, and it always follows "Q".

If I were a consonant, I would be..."Q". It's quirky and always proceeds "U".

If I were a theory, I would be...intelligent design.

If I were a famous person, I would be...one that kids and parents could look up to, that was humble, had some great achievements, and didn't have any scandal or skeletons in the closet. Kinda like my General Chuck Yeager, one of my personal heroes.

If I were an item of electronic equipment, I would be...an iPod.

If I were a sport, I would be...running (that was EASY!)

If I were a movie, I would be...Chariots of Fire--the best movie about running I've ever seen.

If I were a cartoon, I would be...Calvin & Hobbes
or possibly Apu Nahasapeemapetalon, just because he's got such a cool name...

If I were an explorer, I would be...charting the unknown reaches of outer space.

If I were a scientist, I would be...
Professor Johnathan I.Q. Nerdelbaum Frink, Jr.

If I were a relation, I would be...the nutty, sometimes too busy to stay in touch, world travelling brother that you love with your whole heart and would do anything for, knowing he'd do the same for you. Oh wait, I am that brother. (C;

If I were a river, I would be...one that provided a constant supply of fresh water to millions of people in a third-world country

If I were intoxication, I would be...fun but not judgement- or driving-impairing, and would not leave you with a hangover.

If I were alone, I would be...not lonely.

If I were a question, I would be...Why not?

If I were a habit, I would be...a good one--like exercising every day, watching what you eat, etc.

If I were in an atom, I would be...about a bajillion times smaller than what I am right now.

If I were you, I would be...interested in this meme enough to swipe it, make your own, and then make a comment on my (your?) blog with a link to your (my?) version of it...


* I was going to type "laziness" but it seemed like it was too much work.

More later...

4 Comments:

Charles said...

Love it. This is a really good meme, and I like the answers that you gave.

Daniel said...

This would be something I would like to try someday when I have time. It looks fun. Thanks for the meme.

snowelf said...

I am FREAKIN' laughing about the laziness thing and swimming in your own POO! hehehe!

I am rollerblading to your running. :)

I LOVE Pachelbel's Cannon!! It's my favorite classical piece EVER. I made them play it at my wedding! Did they play at yours too? I also like Sarabane(sp).

--snow*
(*your official bestest blogger buddy)
(who is officially sending our resumes next week. Keep your fingers crossed!! :))

jtj3 said...

Thanks for the comments--Charles, I liked your answers also. You're an interesting dude, and I love your blog. (C:

Dan, I fully expect to see this on your blog soon! With full credit to everyone that meme'd before you. Well not everyone, but...you know.

Snow, that's the main reason I don't eat much fish/seafood...the whole POO thing. And yes I did have Pachelbel's Canon played at my wedding--we used that as the processional march. Call me a mooshy wimp, but even 16 years later I it gives me a lump in my throat to think about how beautiful she was at that moment, and how much in love I was with her (and still am!)

Hey good luck with the resumes--fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed for you. If you need help ping me, cuz you know I AM the resume ninja (HIYAAAA!!! Off with their heads!)

Jim