Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Life is groovy...

There is nothing going on that's really blogworthy to me. I mean nothing. Thanksgiving was great--hope everyone else had a good one, too. I ate too much (including 2 pieces of pecan pie, one of my favorites), felt like a beached whale, but got over it Friday. Friday through Sunday, did more or less nothing (except posted a 55FFF and a couple photos!)...we didn't even put up the Christmas tree.

Came back to work yesterday, got more-or-less caught up, chilled at home last night. Got in a run on the treadmill this morning--I'm shooting for 15 miles or more every week now. Today, more work work work, and class (woodworking--YAY!) tonight.

There--how's THAT for boring?

One possibly, maybe interesting thing that might maybe happen (possibly) (how's that for a bunch of caveats?)...I may sign up for the St. Louis Marathon which will be held next April. I ran the Chicago Marathon this year, or at least part of it, and had a less-than-stellar experience. I told the Mrs over the weekend that I didn't want to wait yet another year to finish a marathon. Keep in mind that I was going to run Chicago last year but pulled out because of an injury, I didn't finish this year...I just don't want to have to wait 3 years before I finish a marathon.

My family is from around St. Louis, so it's like a 2nd home to me. Also the field will be small--they're capping the marathon at 3000 runners--so it'll be a lot less crowded.

Now, we just have to see if the schedules line up, what the cost is for driving down there/hotel stay for the weekend/meals out, etc., and see if it's worth it. Of course, I'll keep y'all posted.

More later...

5 Comments:

snowelf said...

Hi Jim!!

My life's pretty much been in a holding pattern too.

You should totally sign up for the StL marathon! :)

--snow

jtj3 said...

SNOW!!!!! Haven't heard from you in a while and hadn't seen any recent posts on your blog--I was starting to get worried. (C:

RE: StL Marathon, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, but I just need to convince the Mrs that spending the money to go down there for the weekend is a good idea...but I'll keep you posted on how this plays out!

Jim

Daniel said...

I wish things were less "exciting" over here. Too much going on. Thanksgiving was fun chaos and have some new contract jobs that are keeping my semi-busy. But the best thing is that I now have access to a (free) gym (that is actually not half-bad!). It pays to know people in apartment complexes, and it's nice when they give you the key to the workout room! On the not-so-good front, I have a slight cold, but nothing a little Sudafed can't fix.

suchsimplepleasures said...

take the meme...it's yours! have fun with it!
i'm still getting over a pumpkin pie induced comatose vegetative state! and...i made ANOTHER pumpkin pie, last night. OH THE SHAME!

jtj3 said...

Hey, SSP, the first step to curing an addiction (to punkin pie, turkey, or just drinking gravy straight out of the jar) is to admit that you have a problem... (C;

Jim