Friday, November 23, 2007

55FFF - Chapter V

I'm attempting a twofer 55FFF this week--not only am I continuing this story, but I'm also writing something for Mike's new 55 Flash Fiction Friday blog. Until I get that written and posted, enjoy Chapter V...

----------


The face registered shock and surprise.

The body twitched slowly, life ebbing out.

A final breath, and then it was over.

She holstered her gun and said menacingly, "You bastard, I told you I hated the name 'Kate'."

She spit on his face one last time, climbed out of the swamp, and headed for civilization...

4 Comments:

Mona said...

Ok! so one gets shot if one does not like a name!

LOL! strange ppl out there!

& so the story continues....

waiting for the next!

jtj3 said...

Mona, the victim in Chapter V did have a name--take a look at Chapter IV again! (C:

Glad you liked the story--after writing this yesterday, I can honestly say I have no idea where this is going. I guess I'll have to see where the characters lead me...

Jim

Charles said...

Jim,
I'm enjoying this storyline. I still need to go back to read the back story.
Great 55.
Your other one is great too.

jtj3 said...

Hi Charles:

Glad you're enjoying the story line. We're still only 5 chapters into it, so 260 words--should be easy to catch up at this point (grin)...

Glad you enjoyed my other 55 on the 55FFF blog! Looking forward to more from you on that site, also!

Jim