Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two days to turkey day!

I saw a friend last night and we started talking about Thanksgiving--the conversation has officially put me in The Thanksgiving Mood! We talked about all the good stuff to eat, where we're both going, etc. In our case we're visiting my wife's cousin's house. Her family is loud and borderline obnoxious, but in a fun and kooky kind of way. Her cousin does an excellent turkey, a truckload full of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes just the way I like them, and--OF COURSE--a green bean casserole with the French's French Fried Onions on top. NUMMY.

After the meal we'll all feel like beached whales and complain about how much we ate. That will last about an hour, until the pies and coffee come out and we start eating all over again.

I need to go out for a run this morning--after thinking about it, I'll probably add on another couple miles just to create space for all the calories I'm going to ingest on Thursday! (C:

I'm fairly sure I'll post between now and Thursday but if for some reason I don't, I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving, surrounded by the ones you love most.

More later...

4 Comments:

Daniel said...

We are having friends and family coming in from everywhere....from Colorado and beyond. After dinner we will all watch 'What ever happened to Baby Jane?" with Betty Davis. Can't wait. Have a good Thanksgiving!

snowelf said...

I am having Thanksgiving at my sister in laws this year, so you can only imagine... ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Lisa!!!

--snow

jtj3 said...

Dan hope everyone had safe travels to your house, and hope you have fun today!

Snow yea, I hear ya...if your family is half as nutty as mine is... (C: But hey, family is family, and it's good to be around people you're close to for the holidays. Thanks for the good wishes--and best to you, Woob, and Snickers!

Jim

Daniel said...

Thanks Jim. They made it into town last night and it's already chaos. But fun chaos. Photos surely will be up at http://www.hypermean.com/photos.php at some point in the near future. I'm not the photographer you are but I do have fun!