Saturday, October 6, 2007

13 hours until race time...

I just got back from the health and sports expo and packet pickup for the Chicago Marathon. I'm pumped, excited, nervous, and scared to death all at the same time. The forecast for tomorrow is upper 80's--WBBM-AM (the local news radio station) says that this will be the warmest Marathon weather in its 30 year history, and we're set to break the high temp record that's stood since 1947. Great, just great...

Of course, what would the night before a marathon be without carbo-loading? We went to Maggiano's Little Italy in Oakbrook for a pasta- and bread-laden lunch. It's one of my favorite Italian places, and I have the same thing (angel hair with pomodoro, and a side of meatballs) just about every time I go. It did not disappoint today.

I still have to upload my pix from Munich, including some from Oktoberfest. I've also got a couple pix from the expo today, I'll get those up soon (probably sometime tomorrow). And you can pretty much bank on a post-race report tomorrow.

To all my friends, family, and fellow bloggers who are sending prayers/wishes/good thoughts my way, thank you. Your support and encouragement has meant more than any of you will ever know. I know I'm making a big deal out of the marathon--and I'm sure I've bored everyone with all the stories and anecdotes I have about it. I can't really tell you why this is such a big deal to me--I know why it is, but I can't really explain. You'll just have to trust me that it's a Super Big Deal for me, and please bear with me through the obsession, the self-centeredness, and the endless repetition of boring stories. I promise it'll mostly go away in another day or two. At least until my next marathon, if there is one. (C:

More later...

2 Comments:

snowelf said...

I know how you feel.
I'm making a super huge deal out of my graduation--but the accomplishment is just something that you're so proud of that you just really HAVE to share. You can't help it, it's a part of you.
And anyone who cares for you is sharing in that same joy. :)

Good luck and have a great race!!!!!

--snow

Anonymous said...

well...?