Sunday, October 28, 2007

Go Red Sox!

OK, nothing like jumping on the BoSox bandwagon at the last possible minute, but here I go. It hit me today when I was out running...

  • The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 1916.
  • The White Sox won a year later.
  • Boston won the World Series in 2004--a drought of 86 years.
  • The White Sox won a year later in 2005--a drought of 86 years.
So...I figure if the Red Sox win tonight, that virtually guarantees a White Sox World Series winner next year. Right? (C:

OK, so I know the chances of that happening, especially the way the White Sox played this year, are about zilch. Still--with the way the 2005 season felt, it'd be nice to experience that again.

More later...

4 Comments:

snowelf said...

I don't know. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but never say never. ;)

--snow

jtj3 said...

That's the thing about baseball, or really any professional sport--in any given game, any team can pull off an upset over another team. Baseball, in particular, has a very long and grinding season, so we'll see how it turns out. I'm fairly confident, though, that the White Sox won't do as poorly in 2008 as they did in '07...

Jim

Daniel said...

Good luck with the White Sox. My Giants didn't do so well either, even with the home runs from Bonds (real home runs or enhanced, we can all only guess.) Always next year....

jtj3 said...

Dan...er, sorry..."rubink"--you're right, there's always next year. The way I see it, as long as the Sox have a good year and as long as they win more than they lose (sadly they did neither this year!), I'm cool. The World Series in '05 was just icing on the cake.