Friday, October 26, 2007

Oh yeah, I *do* still run...

A "twofer" today...but I just felt like it, and there are no blogging rules, so there...

I haven't written much about running since completing the marathon. However, I'm still a runner and am enjoying it much more now that the training pressure is off.

I took the first week after the marathon off--I walked 2 miles on the treadmill 2 days, that was it. My legs, especially my quads, were sore until about Thursday of that week. The next week I got in about 10 miles, and this week (assuming all works out OK) I'll have a 15-mile week.

I want to get a good base going for the next few weeks of 15 miles/week, and by the beginning of the year get up to 20 miles per week on a consistent basis. I'm toying with the idea of a spring marathon (either St. Louis or the Country Music Marathon in Nashville). Both of these also offer half marathons, so I may stick with HMs until I start training for Chicago...AGAIN!...in June of next year. But we'll see how it goes.

More later...

2 Comments:

Daniel said...

Jeepers. You are in good shape! I am doing a 20 mile mountain bike ride per week but that is about it. Running is too high impact for me. I am wimpy...consider the Nashville marathon. That one sounds fun.

snowelf said...

Yea Jim, you rock. :) And it gets H.O.T. in both of those places by the spring, so they should be WELL prepped for runners. ;)

--snow