Friday, December 7, 2007

King of the memes...

I had another meme tee'd up as a draft post, but didn't want to push it out just yet. But just today, one of my new bloggosphere friends, Heather, tagged me with a meme today. I feel honored to have been tagged, so here I go with another meme.

Here are the rules of the Meme:

  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog (DONE!).
  • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  • Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

With that, here are my 7 random and/or weird facts (thank God it's not 7 weird things...y'all would skeeve out...)

1: I was an AFS exchange student the summer between my sophomore and junior years in high school.

2: I am an introvert. I love people but I prefer non-verbal, non-contact interaction (i.e., email, IM, blogging, etc) versus verbal/contact interaction (going out with large groups of people, spending hours on the phone, etc.). I will email or IM someone all day, but I have trouble having a personal phone conversation longer than about 15 minutes.

3: I tend to get bored easily.

4: I'm very superstitious. I have certain rituals I repeat when I do things like run a road race, get on an airplane, etc. The repetition of these rituals always makes me feel better and more in control.

5: I have 5748 songs in my iTunes collection, and 1668 of those are country or bluegrass, which means about 30% of my collection is country.

6: I love fruitcake.

7: I don't fear being dead, but I am afraid of what will happen to me during the process of dying.


So, that's that. Who will I tag? Uh...well, I've kinda been tagging the regulars with memes lately, and I don't have a ton of blog friends yet, so here goes:

Rinz (my niece)
Dan (who is always a good sport)
Mike M
Wes (an absolute ROCK STAR over on Cre8Buzz)
Sue (er, sorry if I already tagged u this week I don't remember...)
Taj Wanders
Snowelf (ditto--in fact, she may have already done this one)

Whew...there. Enjoy. And if you don't like being tagged sorry...but try it, even if you just did a meme like 5 seconds ago, because they're fun. (C:

More later...

8 Comments:

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Thanks for sharing Jim! It's a fun way to get to know your blogging buddies, isn't it? I'm curious what country your AFS experience was in...?

jtj3 said...

Hi Heather...and thank YOU for tagging me on this. I agree it's cool to share and to get to know one another better. I haven't been doing this long, but have met some great people...

RE: my AFS experience, I lived in Greece. Specifically, a town called Patras. It was a very memorable experience!

Jim

Sue said...

Thanks! I heart memes of all shapes and sizes! I don't recall another tag.. did I miss one? I'll have this up tomorrow!

snowelf said...

Um...

...okay....

maybe you won't believe this, but ironically, I DID just do a meme before I came here. It's a Christmas one where I got tagged by Cooper!

Too funny, Jim!!

--snow

Mike Minzes said...

Thanks for the tag Jim. I actually did this one a few times, but you know what? I will do it again because I have a lot of wired things HA. I'll let you know when it's done.

jtj3 said...

La Chanson, it might be that I was having a "senior moment." Glad I tagged u on this one, and will head over to see your reply.

Snow, of COURSE I believe you and it's yet another ironic coincidence... HA HA!

Mike thanks for being a good sport and playing this again!

Daniel said...

Done! Mine is at:

http://www.hypermean.com/blog/Site/hyperblog/5AAE3677-A0A1-410B-8043-630033D98899.html

DGC

snowelf said...

I'm going to do this meme really soon :) Either tonight or tomorrow morning... See you soon!

--snow