Thursday, December 6, 2007

Catching my breath...

Today is one of those "I don't have anything to write about but I can write something..." kind of days. Work has been very busy this week--I had out of town people come in for a 2-day meeting. To prep for it, I was up at 5:00A and out the door by 6:00ish Monday-Wednesday, in the office before (or just after) 7:00AM. Hey, at least I made up for it by working late...but not past 9:30PM. (C: But it was cool--good meeting, good to see everyone, etc., etc.

Today is catching up--finishing notes/actions from the meeting, doing the stuff I ignored for a few days (including blogging!).

I started my marathon training this week, but it's all been on the treadmill--it's WAY cold outside (about 10 degrees Fahrenheit at 10AM...), plus there's a lot of snow/ice which would make the running hazardous. Saturday I'm meeting a good friend at a local fitness center, we're doing the indoor track. 6.5 laps equals 1 mile, and I've got to do 6 miles on Saturday, so 39 laps...ugh. Still, better than outside...

Life is good right now. We've got a lot of holiday party stuff coming up, but the next day or so we can kind of have quiet time before all the hubbub. So I'm enjoying today while I can.

More later...

4 Comments:

Daniel said...

Enjoy today. This is a busy time of year of all of us, but let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

Crazy here too. Neighborhood party happening here at our place Sunday evening. Relatives coming in town in a couple of weeks, and that kind of thing. You know how it is.

Glad you liked my meme, and yea, throw more my way some time. Don't know if I can do justice with them but will try.

snowelf said...

Awesome job on your marathon training!! I'm so freakin' proud of you!! ;)

It's just that hectic happy time of year isn't it!?! :D

--snow

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Hi! I tagged you with a fun meme. Check it out; I'd love to read your "seven"! And hey, it's something to write about...
Heather (Footsteps)

jtj3 said...

Dan, as always you are an awesome dude and a great friend.

Snow, yep--it's hella-hectic at Casa Del Jones, especially since I just got an UNPLANNED TRIP out of town in the middle of this week...ACK!!!

Heather thanks again for the tag...I think it'll be fun to swap memes with you...

Jim