Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in review + Training - Week 4

Christmas was nice this year. Not spectacular, not "Holy cow that was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!", and definitely not sucky--just nice, mellow, and low key. After this crazy year, that's exactly what I wanted.

My wife's family came over Christmas eve for dinner (she makes a mean pan of lasagna, lemme tell ya...), and exchanging presents. I'm starting to see her parents aging more and more, especially her dad--and since I lost my dad a few years ago, my FIL is a "father figure" to me. But all of this just makes me appreciate Christmas and holidays with them more.

Christmas morning I headed out for a run. I think I did the same last year, but we had an argume...er, a discussion...about whether I did. Regardless, it's now an official tradition--something I intend to carry on in the future. It was very quiet, and cold, but not windy at all so very bearable.

We had our traditional Christmas breakfast--Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and coffee (NUM NUM!), and then exchanged our presents. The rest of the day we just hung out, watched a couple movies, ate, ate some more...the usual.

I took the rest of this week as vacation time, which I really needed. Now, today, we're headed to my mom's house for a late Christmas with her, my brother, and his family.

This week, my training went like this:

Tuesday - 3 miles (outside!)
Wednesday - 4 miles at the indoor track
Thursday - 3 miles at the indoor track
Saturday - 9 miles at the indoor track

For a total of 19 miles this week, and a total of 65 miles since I started the training program. WHOOHOO...only 370 to go! Well, 396.2 if you count the marathon as part of the whole package...

More later...

2 Comments:

snowelf said...

370 miles ain't got nothing on you! ;)

We had a very low key Christmas too, and it was really nice. (My daddy's breakfast also included cinnamon rolls. ;)) And I agree--NUM NUM!

--snow

jtj3 said...

Snow, you're always an encouragement! (C;

Jim