Friday, September 21, 2007

A week off in review

It was a good week. I had some business travel this week, plus I was still a little tired/sore from my long run Sunday, so I didn't run at all. I needed the break...

Work travel was for a strategy meeting with my boss--it's a long story, and a long trip for a half-day meeting, but it was worth it. I was gone Tuesday and Wednesday, and just didn't feel like trying to cram runs into the trip.

This week we solved one customer escalation crisis, wrapped up a sale of a special support program for one customer, and got 90% done with the sale of a special support program to another customer. Those 3 things made it a very good week from the work perspective, also.

To cap off the week, we attended a surprise 50th birthday party for my brother Tom. Actually, the fact that he was turning 50 wasn't a surprise to him--the party was the surprise. My sister and bro-in-law, my mom, and both my nephews were there...and a good time was had by all. One of my nephews lives in L.A. (and if you're reading this, Ryan, what's up hambone???) and we flew him in for a surprise visit. Needless to say his dad was thrilled to see him.

I'm also working on posting pictures from the birthday party to share with one and all.

More later...

1 Comment:

snowelf said...

Ah! That's so cool! I am also planning a surprised 50th party for a loved one, too!
(For next weekend.)
Glad it went well!!

Have a great weekend :)

--snow