Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The tapering blues...

Now that I'm in the tapering phase, I find myself in a bit of a funk. Monday I felt like I was getting a cold--sneezing, runny nose, hot, etc. I took some zinc tablets and got some rest...I'm starting to feel better, but not 100%. Got on a plane yesterday headed for San Francisco, and I'm headed back home again tonight. I'm going to try dialing back the mid-week runs...I think the past few weeks I may just have been over-training, which has led to general tiredness, lack of zip, etc. But I'm sure with some good rest, and some good food, and a few long-ish runs (but not too long) I'll be back to normal soon.

To top it off, my beloved White Sox lost to the Kansas City Royals last night. It's not bad enough that they lost, but this now puts them in the dreaded LAST PLACE spot in the AL Central. Oh God please, anything but a last place finish! I've been following the Sox religiously since around the time Lisa and I started dating--so probably 17-18 years total--and this is the absolute WORST season I can ever recall. So disappointing. I remember one of my first posts on this blog talking about spring baseball, and how I "couldn't hardly wait" for the season to start. Now, sadly, I can't hardly wait for it to be over.

Oh well, there's always next year--and the fact that we were the 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS--to make me feel better...

More later...

2 Comments:

Simon said...

There's always next year.

jtj3 said...

Too true. And, as I said, at least I have one World Series to remember. Heck if we never get there again in my life, I'll be satisfied with the memories of '05...