Monday, September 24, 2007

The fall TV season is here!

OK, technically, the fall TV season kicked off with a few early premieres last week. But it gets into full gear this week--man, I'm going to be burning up the DVR with all the stuff I want to record! I have to confess that I am a total TV junkie. It started when I was a kid--I had a lot of allergies and spent most of my time in the house. I've outgrown most of my allergies, but never lost my taste for TV. It was said once that "Television is called a 'medium' because it is neither rare nor well-done." I respectfully disagree. Is TV high art? In some cases yes but in most, no. Having said that, it definitely has its place, and does most of the time (Jerry Springer aside) deliver content that entertains, enlightens, and makes you think.

Now, with that, what are the new shows/returning series I'm looking forward to? In no particular order:

I love watching recorded shows vs. live TV, as it makes it a lot easier to skip over the commercials. In one way, I feel sorry for the advertisers but in another, I don't--the commercials fly by so fast that it's almost a form of subliminal advertising, and they stick with us longer!

Hope you're enjoying the fall season also.

More later...

3 Comments:

snowelf said...

Although I don't watch a ton of TV, the shows I do watch, I watch religiously. I am really interested with all the new shows what is going to make the cut this season!

--snow

jtj3 said...

I'm a little like you, snow, in that the stuff I watch I watch religiously. But where we differ is I do (unfortunately, sometimes) watch a ton of TV! Oh well everyone's got to have a hobby...

Jim

Simon said...

I only like two of the shows unfortunately. Let see how it goes.