Friday, September 14, 2007

Hurrah for the weekend!

It's my favorite time of the week--the downside of Friday afternoon! I can't wait to bust out of here and get home for a nap. I've been really tired this week--first, because of lack of sleep, and second because I haven't been getting my mid-week runs in (tsk tsk!). My workday yesterday started at 5AM and ended at 6:30PM. I worked from home, but still...

Today was only slightly better. I was up at 4:30AM (couldn't sleep any more and was restless), and ended up getting into work at 6:30AM. Granted I had a 7:30AM call with a customer, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. So, come 3PM Central time, I'm gonna yabba-dabba-doooo my way outta here for the weekend.

So this weekend, other than the 20 miler, it's the Naperville Wine Festival. I've been learning more about various kinds of wines over the past year or so, and I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff. Now, this will be a bit of a high-wire act as we're going to the Festival Saturday afternoon, probably 12 hours or so before Sunday's run. So let's hope I'm not too hung over and/or dehydrated.

The plan Sunday is to do 5 miles out, 5 back, and then just run a 1-mile lap in the neighborhood (stop me if I've said this before, and I have a feeling I have done so...). That way I can keep hydrated easier, etc.

Assuming I'm not too boozed up and/or busy, I should have an update tomorrow--if not then, then definitely something Sunday.

More later...

0 Comments: