Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sun, finally!!!

"...I'm gonna soak up the sun..." - Sheryl Crow

Well...today was the first day we've had sun in like a bajillion years. OK, a month. OK, really, probably a week or so. But still...

I find that the older I'm getting, the more I'm affected by the presence or absence of sunlight. I'm not talking about at night...nighttime is, well, supposed to be dark. But the grey cloudy winter days just get me down.

For some reason the cold doesn't seem as cold when the sun is out. But when it's grey and cloudy for days on end, I end up getting bummed out.

We're in the middle of winter here in Chicagoland, no doubt about it. But as long as Mr. Clouds continue to stay out of Mr. Sun's way, then I think it'll be bearable for the next few weeks.

Oh, and as a nice capper for the day...the Mrs is making cookies to give to her work friends tomorrow...and I just got to sample the cookie dough. And who among us doesn't like a little taste of cookie dough now and then?

More later...

0 Comments: