Friday, February 15, 2008

555FFF - Chapters XII and XIII

It's been a few weeks since I've written a 55FFF here, so I'm doing a bit of catch up. Enjoy these chapters...

Chapter XII
Carson City, Nevada FBI field office - 5 months prior

Agent Pilato said, "Our person on the inside, this..."

SAC Wilson cautioned Pilato. "In a situation like this you don't use names. Call the person 'source one.'"

Pilato said, "OK, this...uh, 'source one' will lead us to the head honcho?"

Wilson said, "Yes. They'll help us find who stole the decoder from the CIA."

Chapter XIII
Present day

"Kathryn, you must be joking. You know that no one does this to me and gets out alive," the fat man said.

"Yes," she said, "but I also know things about you that will keep me safe."

"As I do about you," he replied. "What do you call it in your country...a 'Mexican standoff?"

---------------

More later...

0 Comments: