Thursday, February 21, 2008

The 'how we met' meme

Snowelf asked a question in a comment she made on my previous post...she wanted to know how my wife (who I lovingly refer to as "Mrs. jtj3"...like THAT'S original!) and I met. The short answer is no, we were not high school sweethearts. However, if you follow this blog you know I love memes, so I decided to turn this story into a meme.

I'm not tagging anyone with this but if you do it, come back and let me know you did it. Doesn't have to be about your spouse--could be about your current or past significant other (or "SO", as I refer to it in the meme), too, so pretty much everyone can play. It's 10 things about how you met your SO.

Hm...memes in 10s seem to be a recurring thing for me. Side note--I actually considered starting a blog called "Ten Things"...every day would be a list of 10 things. Things about me, random thoughts, songs, whatever. Then I decided I had too many blogs already. But if I start 5 more blogs, then rest assured that "Ten Things" will be my 10th blog. I mean, come on...it has to, doesn't it???

With that...here is the "Ten Things About How We Met" meme.

When you met your SO, were you dating anyone?
Yes.

Did you break up with that person to hook up with your SO?
No.

Where did you and your SO meet?
We were in all the same classes together at college. We went to a technical school where everyone took all the same classes--either a morning or afternoon shift. She switched into mornings during her 2nd term, I was already there--and the rest is history.

What's the first thing you remember saying to your SO?
Probably something inane like "Hi."

Were you and your SO friends first, or did you start dating immediately?
Friends for 5 years before we started dating.

What was your first date?
Dinner at a Bennigan's restaurant, then a movie at my house.

What was your best date?
4th of July weekend of the year after we started dating. My parents came up, we went to the Taste of Chicago to eat and watch the fireworks that night (July 3rd). The next day we went to her family's house, had a BBQ, and made home-made ice cream. Sounds very "Brady Bunch"/"Leave It To Beaver", but it was really fun.

Did you ever break up for good, break up and get back together, or stay together with no breakups?
Since the time we started dating, then got married, no breakups.

Did you (or would you consider marrying) this particular SO?
Yep...sure did. Married her 16 years ago, and it was one of the best days of my life...so far. (C;

The thing I like best about my SO is...
She knows all my good parts and my bad parts, but she loves me unconditionally anyway.

And that, my friends, is all about Mrs. jtj3.

More later...

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to see proper true love in action - even an old, cynical, divorcee like me can smile and sigh when I read this :o)

Christine said...

I just did it, and linked to your blog.

jtj3 said...

Penelope, you'll find your prince charming (er, assuming you're actually seeking one out)...you're funny and smart (I judge this from your writing), and I bet you've got that cute British accent that drives the men wild. Then again, the men over there have it also, so I guess they kind of cancel each other out don't they?

Christine thanks for doing the meme and for the link. Your story is pretty cool...

snowelf said...

Okay, Jim, where is yours? Did I miss it? Maybe I just can't work your new blog? We know I'm a dork. ;)

--snow

snowelf said...

Okay, I did this on how I met my ex.
Read away :)

--snow