Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where I've been...

You probably know by now I'm a sucker for a good meme, and this one that I found on my good pal Snowelf's blog today is no exception. So, without delay...here 'tis!


5 years ago - 2003
I went through a reorg at work and ended up with a better position.
Mrs jtj3 had major surgery.
My dad and both paternal grandparents passed away at the end of the year.
I got to see the 2003 MLB All-Star Game at Comiskey Park.
I grew a lot--personally and professionally.
I made my health a top priority because of family health issues (diabetes + heart disease). I started running, lost weight, and started eating better.

10 years ago - 1998
I had a great job with a great company that was approaching $800M in revenue, and I planned on retiring from this company (it got sold a year later...).
We had 3 cats, but one had to go to "kitty heaven".
We decided to take the plunge, sell our townhouse, and buy a single family home.
I started hearing about this wicked cool "Internet" thing.

15 years ago - 1993
We spent a great week on vacation in Jamaica--great, that is, until I had an accident and tore my ACL.
We celebrated our 2nd year of marriage. And we thought we'd never get past the first year...
I had my first (and so far only) major surgery.
I got to see the White Sox win the American League Central chamionship by beating the Seattle Mariners in a late September game.
I started deciding what I wanted to do with my life--stay in a high-tech company, but eventually move into management.

20 years ago - 1988
I was one year out of college and, in retrospect, dumber than a box of rocks.
I left my first post-college job to start my second.
I took a 2-week trip to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria with my folks for vacation.
My college pal "L" started working at the same company I did. "L" and I worked the late shift together, the evenings were pretty quiet, and so we started talking and learning more about each other. I also started thinking she was kinda hawt...3 years later, she ended up becoming Mrs. jtj3. (C:

So, that's a little about where I was. I won't tag anyone, but if you want to swipe this and do it, be my guest--just let me know, because I love reading stuff like this about my blog friends...

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so cute! I love these things, I'm so nosy about people. I may have to steal it ;o)

suchsimplepleasures said...

that's a fun meme! i haven't tried that one yet. maybe i'll have to tomorrow, seeing as my blogging groove has gone on it's merry way...
hope all is well with you!

snowelf said...

I just really liked this one because it's like getting to know our friends again before we knew them.
And I don't think you've ever met a meme you didn't like. :)

--snow

Rick said...

I love my Aunt Meme. She's may favorite. :)

jtj3 said...

Penelope I'm like you--I am nosy...er, I call it "curious"...about people, too! If you steal this, let me know...I always love to see how people answer (BTW, our friend Sue did it, too...

Suchsimple--glad you liked it! Give it a try when you get time. Saw your troubles with the computer--SOOOO sorry to hear, hope you get back online soon!

Snow, you're exactly right--it's great to see where people came from. And you are entirely correct, I have yet to meet a meme I didn't like! HA HA HA

Rick, Aunt Meme is my favorite too!