Monday, April 7, 2008

Music Monday

Today's Music Monday, boys and girls, is a dive into a more obscure genre...electronica/big beat music. The featured record today is Legion of Boom from The Crystal Method.

I became familiar with TCM through their work in films and TV, and also from some of PC games I play. I was shopping for other music about a year ago, saw this on the store shelf, and thought "Hm, let's give it a spin." It was one of those CDs that grabbed me instantly--from the opening measures of the first track, I knew I was hooked.

I've since gotten all TCMs works (except for their newest CD Drive, which I just found out about--YIPPEE, more TCM music!) and listen to them regularly. They make good music for driving, running, working out, etc. I like them all, but Legion of Boom is still my favorite.

Give them a listen--they're awesome.

More later...

11 Comments:

Sue said...

I shall have them a listen!

Rick said...

I am so thankful for people like you, Jim, that try and keep me out of the Dark Ages in terms of current music. Note I said "try". :)

Funny, when I was younger, I SWORE I would never become a typical adult that wasn't hip on the current music scene. Never say never. DOH!

Daniel said...

Big TCM fan here! I need to check out this album.

jtj3 said...

Sue, I'm betting you like it...but if not it's someone else's fault. (C;

Rick, I know what you mean about the Dark Ages of music. I've been digging on Doors/Beatles stuff recently, so I guess I'm in the dark ages too. It happens to the best of us...

Daniel, I didn't know you were a TCM fan--cool! I'm just honored that I listen to a band that YOU listen to, Mr. "I Have The World's Most Eclectic Music Collection"! (C:

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

"I Have The World's Most Eclectic Music Collection"

Oh, not even close Jim. I learn about new stuff from you and others every day. I used to be much more involved in the music world. Life (and cost) gets in the way of all that.

snowelf said...

dude.
Did you just say Yippee?

*blink blink*

;)

More music for me to check out! :D

Yippee!!

--snow

jtj3 said...

Daniel, I ain't sayin'..I'm just sayin'. But you have pretty wide-ranging tastes in music, and I learn from you also. Love you, love your blog... (C:

Snow, I had to check back...yes indeed I did say "yippee." Or more properly, "YIPPEE!" (see, it sounds different in all caps). Give TCM a spin, I think you'd like 'em...

Anonymous said...

I don't like change. But I do like dudes who say do. So I reckon I'll go check out this music. Just for you. Dude.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD I CLEARLY HAVEN'T HAD MY COFFEE YET.

I meant, "dudes who say dude." not "do". JAYSUS H.

jtj3 said...

Maggie, no worries--I knew what you meant. Dude. :-D