Friday, April 18, 2008

The Million Blog List

I was doing some poking around last night and came across a brilliant new Wiki site called the Million Blog List. It's an experiment to see how quickly they can get 1,000,000 blogs listed on their site.

I registered my blogs last night, and jtj3 is #575 on the list. The interesting thing--as I write this, it's up to #633...so 58 more blogs added in a 10 hour period. Interesting. They have a contest to see who can predict when they'll hit the 1,000,000th blog. I won't enter--I always stink at guessing games like that.

One other thing that is fun to do is look through the list and find blogs that you might like--then, visit them, trade blogroll links, whatever. That's my plan...

Today is Friday, which would normally imply a Flash Fiction post. Maybe today...not so much. But we'll see.

More later...

16 Comments:

AmyOops said...

thanks for visitng.

Sue said...

Oh I am SO doing this! hahaha

Sue said...

I'm #641

Anonymous said...

K, freaky, I was on your blog while a comment from you came into mine. WEIRD.

I'm going to go check out that site. But it got me thinking about something else -- do you read Postsecret.com on Sundays? My favorite thing in the world is to log on, scroll down to the bottom where it says how many people are viewing it right then, and then hit refresh and see how the number changed. It makes me feel like I'm part of a huge like-minded community. Anyway.

Daniel said...

Joineed!

snowelf said...

Hey J :) You're such a junkie! ;) Of course, I totally adore you for that very reason. :D

--snow

jtj3 said...

Amy, my pleasure--I'll stop back, hope you do the same!

Sue, glad you did it and thanks for the linky love on your post today!

Maggie--too freaky about the commenting thingy! If you were my friend Snowelf I'd say that this was an ironic coincidence...oh, what the hell, it's STILL an ironic coincidence! Oh and I LOVE Postsecret.com. I didn't know it got updated on Sundays--I'll check it out then!

Dan, congrats--glad to see you joined! What nbr are you?

Snow, no doubt about it--I *am* a junkie! I like to think that my quirky, over-explaining, sometimes issues with personal boundaries, but basically loveable personality is endearing to at least a few people. Appears you're one of them. :-D

Have a GREAT weekend all!

Daniel said...

I am #640.

Rick said...

I am #691. It only took me like an hour to figure out how to format it, too! I rock! Hehehe.

Unknown said...

good morning jim.

you roooock! **hearty hug**

thanks for the cool comments lately. i love it when you come over, kathleenybeany :)

jtj3 said...

Kathleen YOU ROCK! **hearty hug back*... (C:

So, you gonna put yourself on the MBL?

Unknown said...

hi jim,

he he, you made me grin. you rock! thanks. great day man, kathleenybeany :)

jtj3 said...

My pleasure, Kathleenybeany!

Unknown said...

hi jim,
anxiously awaiting a new post from you. how long are you going to keep me waiting???? hehehe

great day. take care, kathleenybeany :)

jtj3 said...

The wait ends (ended?) today, Kathleenybeeny! Check out my latest!

Unknown said...

hi jim! thanks for the visit and the cool comments. you are sweet. on my way over, beany :)