Friday, April 11, 2008

Recycling a 55FFF post...

I'm "green", kinda sorta, so I'm all about conservation and recycling and stuff. So, in that vein, I decided to recycle a post I wrote on the 55 Flash Fiction Friday blog back in February. If you follow my running blog (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!!!), you know that I had to stop for a few weeks because of pneumonia. I'm still not back to 100%, so I figure if I can't write about my running I'll write fiction about running...

Five miles into it, sweat pouring down, legs pumping, heart racing.

He did this every week, whether he wanted to or not.

He was past the pain, the cramps, and into his zone.

The miles clicked past effortlessly, and he could have run forever.

"I've unleashed my inner Kenyan," he smiled to himself in triumph.

More later...

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried to run, I just don't get it! You have to be some special kind of nut case to choose to do it!
You know I mean that in a totally loving way - right? ;o)

jtj3 said...

Penelope I accept your comments in the most loving and kind way. And yes, I am a complete nutter for running. Worse--I'm an addict! Some people "get it", some don't. But different strokes for different folks... (C:

Sue said...

I get it! I love it. I need to get my flapping ass back out there and run again... SOON! No more excuses.

Loved this!

jtj3 said...

Sue, I think you and Penelope should start a running club! (C:

snowelf said...

Recycling!! LOL!! We've been picking on KateHopeEden because she's having a BBQ when I go to Texas to meet her and she's a MAJOR environmentalist. Her co-workers told her they'd only come to her BBQ if she had biodegradable charcoal. She came back with: "I'm using solar energy." hehe!

Awesome 55, but now my legs hurt! :P

--snow

jtj3 said...

Snow--at least she's using charcoal and not gas, which is a fossil fuel. BBQ charcoal is a renewable resource, dontchaknow...tee hee.

Sorry my 55 made your legs hurt--get some rest, take some ibuprofen, you'll be fine in a couple days. And when you start reading 55's again, take it EEEEAAAASYYYYY...don't overdo it, girl, or you'll hurt yourself again! HA HA HA

Unknown said...

ooooo, you said this sooo well! good job, kathleen :)

jtj3 said...

Hey, Kathleen--glad you liked the story!