Friday, January 4, 2008

Are most bloggers female?

NOT, of course, that there's anything wrong with that!!!

So the reason I ask--I've been making more blog-world friends, meeting people at Cre8Buzz, etc. It's dawned on me that most of the blogs I read, and most of the people commenting on others' blogs, are female. Again, not that there's anything wrong with it! I know exactly four male bloggers: Flash, Charles, Daniel, and Mike. Contrast that with a blog I visited that shall remain nameless, but had 98 (count 'em...NINTY-EIGHT!!!) comments on one post, and as far as I could tell from the names, all the commenters were female.

Why is that, anyway? Because most men are more the "strong but silent" type? Because women are better at creative writing? Oh heck, who knows. I'd be interested in YOUR theories, though...

More later...

4 Comments:

snowelf said...

I.don't.know.

But I actually know a lot of guy bloggers, and I always thought there were more guy writers in general...maybe guys just comment less?

--snow

Sue said...

Probably because more women are home or have time to be online than men. The majority of women I know 'online' are also stay-at-home wives or moms.

In my case, I think more of my blogger friends are guys than girls, but... hrm. I don't know.

suchsimplepleasures said...

even the men bloggers...they're pulling your leg...they're really women, too! heehee...just kidding. so, where is the meme that i assigned you? hmmm?

jtj3 said...

Snow...maybe men bloggers draw women readers, and vice versa? Who knows. I do think it's interesting the the three comments on this have come from women!

Sue I think you're on to something there. I feel fortunate that I can spend a bit of my work time now and then updating/checking my blog...

Such, you're funny!!! Oh, and as to that meme, here it is...enjoy!

Jim