Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I saw it!

OHMYGOSH I saw it, I saw it, I saw it! I was so excited--I didn't expect it, but I turned my head and there it was! Just like on TV! Like ever since I was a little kid!!! AAAAAAAI was so excited I thought I was gonna pass out.

**breathes deeply**

OK, jtj3, slow down...

Alright y'all, what I saw was...the Oscar-Meyer Wienermobile. I was driving home last night, and I came up to an intersection with a left-hand turn lane. I look over in the lane, and see this giant towering pinkish-reddish....THING...on top of a car. I knew it was the Wienermobile immediately. I mean, come on...how could you *not*? And I bet right now, as you're reading this, you're humming:


"Oh I wish I were an Oscar-Meyer wiener...that is what I truly want to be-e-eeee..."

If you weren't humming it before, I bet you are now!

I happened to have my camera in the front seat with me so I squeezed off a quick picture, but I don't think it came out very well...too dark. Too bad though. I was in the middle of the "go straight" lanes, but for about half a second I considered cutting across traffic and chasing it down.

But what would I have done if I'd caught it? And besides, I had places to be and people to see. So I decided to let it just be one of those fleeting serendipities (which would be a GREAT name for a band, by the way) that come and go, and only live on in my mind. It was kinda cool, though.

Oh, I wish I were an...oh, nevermind. :-D

More later.

7 Comments:

Daniel said...

Cool. I remember when I was living in either LA or San Francisco, it drove around way back then. Always good to spy.

snowelf said...

Dude, I thought you were talking about Iron Man! :P :)

--snow

Sue said...

If it's still in your camera, try the D-lighting option.

I would love to see it anyway!

Unknown said...

i hum all the time! yea, really, how could you miss THAT coming at you?!?! hahaha

cute moment jim!

night night, beany :)

jtj3 said...

Daniel, I agree--it's always good (and fun!) to spy...

Snow, LOL--when I posted this, I thought "Hm, someone is going to think I meant Iron Man", cuz everyone knows I am totally jonesin' to see it...

Sue, thanks for the tip I'll try that. The camera is downstairs but I'll try fiddling with the pic in a bit and will post it even if it's crappy...

Kathleen yeah, it's kinda hard to miss since it's taller AND longer than most cars you see on the road...glad I could share the cute moment with you guys!

skeeve said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but that's actually Senator Larry Craig's campaign vehicle.

r

jtj3 said...

Skeeve I'm sure there's a follow up joke in there somewhere, but I just can't find it right now... :-)