Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I decided I'm doing it...

Wow, two days in a row with something interesting to say. Look at me.

Ever had an experience like this...you're thinking about something, mulling it over in your mind--maybe for months. Playing the "should I or shouldn't I?" game. Trying to consider all the risks and benefits but realizing you don't know what you don't know. Wanting the upside, but being scared of failure or, worse, rejection. But then...you have a conversation with someone, they lay out a couple obvious questions ("What could it hurt?" "What's the worst thing that could happen?") and then you decide...HECK YEA, I'm gonna jump in.

Well, that's what I'm doing. I am breaking into the :deep inhale: stock photography market. Or at least trying to.

I had an email conversation with a bloggosphere pal yesterday (they know who they are!!!) and we touched on this subject. I've done occasional poking around for months. The service I picked (won't name it until I know they accepted me!) is one I heard about on a podcast a few months ago and have checked them out now and again. It's like looking at the inside of a fancy restaurant, then walking all the way in to where the maitre d' acknowledges you, but then backing out the way you came in. You look at *those people* in *that place*, you just don't think you fit it.

Well, dag-nabbit, maybe I do.

If I pass the 'artistic test' (they like the sample pix I submit), then I'll post more details later. For now--wish me luck.

More later...

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

hi jim --

first!

oooo, i hope you get what you seek after again!

thanks for the cute sweet comments. is the blogoshere photography friend **who** i think it is? tee hee.

best to ya, beany :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh a new project is always exciting! Best of luck Jim, keep us posted :o)

Daniel said...

Very cool Jim. I am quite impressed and look forward to following the photos that you release out in the public!