Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nothin' better to do today...

So I thought I'd do a meme! I stole this from my very good blogging pal KathleenyBeany. Truth be told I think Penelope did it also and I intended to take it from her, I just...er, never got around to it. Then again, I got inspiration from KB and from Penelope, so they both get the credit. So without further ado, here it is...

Accent: None. Which is surprising, because I grew up in a small town where almost everyone has a Southern accent, and my mom and dad both came from the south and had an ever-so-slight twang when I was growing up.

Breakfast or no breakfast: Breakfast, of course...it's the most important meal of the day!

Chore I don’t care for: I don't love any of them, but I guess I don't mind them too much either...

Dog or cat: Cats. We have 2, and I think they have way more personality than dogs do.

Essential Electronics: Oh, gosh...I could go on and on. Let's see...Blackberry, iPod (both the regular one and a nano), Dell laptop computer, digital cameras (2 DSLRs and 1 point and shoot--yes, I have a problem...), and...hm, that's it for now I guess.

Favorite Cologne: Glacier Bay men's fragrance by Bath & Body Works (OMG do I sound like a metrosexual now?).

Gold or Silver: Gold, I guess.

Handbag I carry most often: Real men do not carry bags! :-)

Insomnia: Once in a while, but not more than one night in a row which I guess is good.

Job Title: Director, Customer Support.

Kids: 2 legged kids, none. 4 legged kids, 2 of 'em...baby Bella (just a year old) and Tigger (12 years).

Living Arrangements: "Our house/is a very very very fine house/with two cats in the yard/life used to be so hard/now everything is easy 'cause of you" (Our House, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young).

Most Admirable Trait: Well...I'll let y'all decide. Those who read this know me pretty well, I think...so what do you like about me? Add a comment, let me know (of course I will return the favor).

Overnight hospital stays: Two--one when I was 7 for pneumonia, one about 15 years ago for surgery on a torn ACL.

Phobias: Many, but I don't let them stop me (which ties into my quote, below).

Quote: I love quotes. I collect them, and read them at least every week or two for inspiration. I've been thinking a lot about my phobias (see above), fears, and insecurities, and the quote that inspires me the most right now is this: “Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.” - John Wayne.

Reason to smile: My friends (that includes all of you!), my life, my job, running, freedom, good jokes, pleasant memories, a nice cup of coffee--basically, just about anything.

Siblings: One brother, one sister...I'm the youngest.

Time I wake up: Usually around 6AM, so I can get an early run in before work.

Unusual Talent or Skill: I'm-hay uent-flay in-hay ig-Pay atin-Lay. I-hay an-cay eak-spay it-hay ike-lay a-hay econd-say anguage-lay.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Hm...several I haven't tried, and that don't really appeal (Mrs jtj3 always says "beets taste like dirt", and I'm kinda inclined to take her word for it), but I guess I'd try any veggie at least once.

Worst Habit: Trying to please all the people all the time.

X-rays: Had 'em. Beany is right--this is a lame question, but I guess the choice of words starting with "x" is a little limited...

Yummy Stuff: Let's see...dark chocolate, peanut butter, Concord grapes, pluots, steak, pasta, and goat cheese. Wow, I need to go get something to eat now--this is making me hungry!

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Hm, never thought about it much. Uh, some kind of bird, I guess...

One last question since the xray question was so lame — what do you think of the person you got this meme from? Beany is an absolute sweetheart. I found her blog through our mutual friend Sue, and Beany has become a dear friend to me. She's very warm, outgoing, kind, supportive, and friendly. She's got a very deep faith, and she just gives off this vibe of being a very humble person who is grateful for everything God gives her. She's awesome. :-)

That's it for now...more later.

9 Comments:

Sue said...

OMG I totally forgot the camera is a digital gadget. Shoot me! hahaha

Beets do kinda taste like dirt. My mom pickles them, which makes them taste like pickled dirt. hehehe.

Director of what?

It's also good to know you don't have a manpurse. That would be odd.

jtj3 said...

Sue:

- How could you forget your diggie! FOR SHAME...

- Director of Customer Support. I work for a software company...when the software breaks, or a customer can't figure out how to do something, customers call someone on my team.

Manpurse = odd...uh, YEAH... :-)

Unknown said...

hi our jim -- you made me **giggle** when i read metrosexual.

ooooo, i looooove collecting quotes and finding inspiration in them. so many good ones. so with you here.

and you jim are a sweetie, a kind soul that i enjoy.

and thank you so much for the precious words about me here. you touched my day, my heart. see, there you go again, being a sweetie.

and sue's "pickled dirt" comment made me **giggle**

thanks jim for the lift :)

beany

Unknown said...

our jim,

happy friday man,
beany

snowelf said...

Oh yea... beets totally taste like dirt. I absolutely concur. :)

Cats Rock!

(Although, hopefully Bella's calmed down just a little bit. ;) I was thinking she might become your running partner there for awhile. :))

--snow

jtj3 said...

Hey Beany, glad I could make you giggle. :-)

Snow--you are now the 3rd smart person who's concurred on the whole "beets taste like dirt" thing, so I'm staying the heck away from 'em!

Oh and Bella...calm down? SHAAA...yeah, right! HA HA HA HA! She seriously needs to switch to de-CAT-ffienated coffee! Oh, I crack myself up......

Unknown said...

hi our jim ~ well, hahaha, i love beets. i love all vegetables in fact. i giggled at the dirt beets and pickled dirt beets comments :)

glad you liked your shout-out on my bloggy. thanks for the inspiring email. and then you wrote in your email the aiming thing and it reminded me of another inspiring quote .. about how much better you are if you aim and try (and fail) than if you never aim (and do nothing). you get the drift.

thanks for the cute notes tonight. you made me grin. thanks, but you're more awesome.

nighty night, beany :)

PS. hahaha, word verification reminds me of naked pom poms! can you hear me giggling? :)

jtj3 said...

No Beany, YOU are more awesome! HA HA HA HA...

Glad I can make you laugh. It's one of my gifts. Even tho we've never met or talked, I can still kinda imagine what your laugh sounds like. It makes *me* laugh.

Unknown said...

hi our jim ~ awh, that was cute.

can you hear me now? hahaha! hehehehe! ho hum! hahahaha! you are more awesome.

sleep well, beany :)