Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back home...

Made it home safe and sound last night (more like 2AM this morning!) from our Alaska trip. The word for those two weeks was "Wow!" Everything was just...WOW. The mountains, the wildlife, the scenery, the people, the...everything.

My pal Kathleen is an Alaskan, and I got a little taste of the heaven she lives in. Heaven, that is, during the summer--during the winter, not so much. I got the idea it'd be WAAAAAAAY too cold for me up there, so I'm happy to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

I was struck, over and over again, by a sense of amazement and wonder at all of the natural beauty God created. I tend to feel God's presence most strongly when I'm surrounded by nature, and I practically overdosed on it the past couple weeks!

Oh, and photos? I'm not kidding y'all, I took easily 200 pix a day. Now, some of those I tossed out, but I'm going through and editing others. I've already posted some of my shots on Picasa, and this one went on my photo blog today.

More (possibly stories, but definitely photos!) later...

8 Comments:

snowelf said...

Jtj3, I am so glad you and Mrs. Jtj3 had such a wonderful vacation--and I'm sure for you, with all the schedule craziness, it couldn't have come at a better time for you guys.
I will eventually get to look at all your photos, I promise. I have been so bad and I haven't been to your photo blog in forever--I think it's time for a visit! :)

Take care and ttys!
--snow

snowelf said...

okay, you ready for more? ;) I just went to look at the pics...omg J, you never cease to amaze me. The pictures are WONDERFUL!!! You have an amazing eye.

--snow

Daniel said...

I love the photos I have seen so far and I am glad you are back. Sounds like a great time. I need one of those vacation thingys one of these days! Glad you are back. Missed your exploits online~~~

Unknown said...

hi our jim,
fun to see all your pictures. and great shot, too, of you and mrs. jim.

now you see why i love living here. thanks for the shout-out. shout-me out or cough me out any day. that cracked me up when you coughed us out to make us to a meme. meme at my place (last night's entry) if you want to take a look see :)

welcome back, beany

jtj3 said...

Hi Snow! I got totally relaxed during the time away--being able to do lots of photography really helped relax me. Thanks for the comments on my pix...I put more up on Picasa, so check here if you want to see more.

Daniel I'm back, mostly dug out of "work email hell", and able to blog/comment again. It's good to be back.

Beany it's good to be back, and I hope you had a good trip too. I saw your meme and loved it--I'm "borrowing" it for today.

Rick said...

Much the same sentiments my parents expressed on their traversing through the well-traveled parts of the state as well. Certainly a must-do someday for rvelich and Mrs. rvelich someday. Thanks for sharing your adventure and the awesome pics!

jtj3 said...

Rick, it's TOTALLY a "must do" vacation. You can just look at all the mountains, and the wildlife, and the trees...and think "Wow, God made all this. Hey, good job man!" :-)

Unknown said...

so true our jim! i love living here in alaska. i love it when i remember to look around me at the amazing view everywhere here. i don't always remember to look though. but when i do, i sometimes wonder why i waited so long to admire the beauty around me here. beany :)