Monday, January 22, 2007

a "tsil efil"

Let me say right off the bat that a "tsil efil" is something completely of my own creation, and I'm copyrighting it here and now. In case anyone wants to borrow from me.

What is it, you ask? Well...after my last posting about all the cool/fun/exciting things I want to do in the future, I got to thinking about all the cool/fun/exciting things I've already done in my life. So a "tsil efil" is a mirror image of a life list--it's looking backward. And I've got to tell you, as The Eagles said, "Life's been good to me so far..."

I thought about things I'd seen on TV, which would encompass things like the White Sox winning the World Series, or the events of 9/11, but that just seemed to be cheating. So...my list is made up of only events that I've personally been a witness to. With that said, here are the top 10 moments/events of my life so far (in more or less chronological order):

  1. Spending the summer of 1982 as an exchange student in Patras, Greece.
  2. Seeing the Matterhorn (1987).
  3. Marrying my best friend on September 28, 1991.
  4. Seeing Frank Sinatra live in concert (1994).
  5. Seeing the White Sox score 5 runs off one hit--July 5, 1995. The Yankees walked 4 batters (scoring one), then John Kruk hit a grand-slam home run.
  6. Doing my first (and only, so far!) tandem parachute jump on my 30th birthday (July 4 1996).
  7. Working and living for 3 months in Tokyo during 1996.
  8. Seeing the 2003 All-Star Game at U.S. Cellular Field (formerly Comiskey).
  9. Being promoted to Director February 1, 2006.
  10. Running the Chicago Half Marathon in 2006.

This list will probably change...I'll come back and edit this as needed. Some of this wouldn't matter to anyone other than me...but remember, it's my list...

More later...

0 Comments: