Monday, January 15, 2007

My life list

As I've been told by a good friend, a "life list" is a list of all those things you hope to do before you die. Will I achieve them all? Hard to say--but I know for sure that I'll make it further with a written list than I will without one. So, without further ado, here's my list (in no particular order). Someday, I hope to...

  • Write a book
  • Build a Shaker-style tall clock (something similar to what you see in the link) using only hand tools.
  • Visit all 50 states of the US by the time I turn 50
  • Visit at least 50 countries by the time I turn 50
  • Run a marathon
  • Visit all 7 continents
  • Retire at or before 60 years old
  • Become fluent in French, German, and Japanese
  • Learn to play an instrument
  • Climb the Great Wall of China (as Chairman Mao said, "Bú dào Chángchéng fēi hao hàn," roughly meaning "You're not a real man if you haven't climbed the Great Wall".)
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Run cross-country (not all at once, of course...)
That's it for now. As I check things off or make progress, I'll share updates.

If you're interested in a life list of your own, there are are a couple good web sites I've found that will help you...check out SuperViva.com, or 43things.com for ideas.

More later...

0 Comments: