Thursday, March 1, 2007

Baseball - the real first sign of spring...

Springtime, and a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of...Major League Baseball! Yesterday was the spring training opener for my beloved Chicago White Sox. They lost to the Rockies 12-4. But here's my view on spring ball--if the Sox win, they're the greatest team in the world...but if they lose, then it's not a big deal since they're always experimenting with players, roles, etc. So either way, it's not a big deal. Today is a split squad game against the D-backs and Rockies.

I know spring ball doesn't really count, but after waiting since October of last year to see a game...well, it's refreshing. And it gets me in the mood to go to the park, eat hot dogs, cheer my brains out, all that good stuff.

And of course, what would White Sox baseball be without TV broadcaster Ken 'The Hawk' Harrelson? His quippy sayings (what I call his "Hawkisms") really make it fun and memorable.

The next big milestone--the home (and season) opener, Monday April 2nd. Can't hardly wait.

More later...

0 Comments: